MD782G UHF DB-26 connector programming cable

MD782G UHF - programming cable to interface with the DB-26 connector

I have the MD782G UHF as well and could not be happier with it.

You can make your own programming cable to interface with the DB-26 connector on the back using a simple USB cable with just the ends of the other end to stick into the proper positions on the DB-26. Ordered a combined cps/firmware cable online for around $40usd. It interfaces with the front panel mic connector.


I programmed the buttons as follows;
P1 and P2 for zone changes
P3 and P4 for channel up and down
P5 is for scan
P6 sets the power level

This works for me but you may want change them up. I really like the radio and have had no issues with it. I get great reports on it and it hears equally well. I use it mobile with 6dBd gain antenna. I am going to connect up an external speaker as to improve the audio tone range in the mobile environment.



Programming was easy. I was not able to find a local(to me) codeplug so I had to build it from scratch. There are differences between other radios formats but that holds true for the radios themselves these days. Sure wish all the "hammie" manufactures would make a single digital format for all radios, that will never happen.

 
Anyway ... can not say anything bad about the 782. It's a great analog/digital box for me. I'm in the Carolina's region of U.S. and operate thru the NC PRN system that covers both Carolinas, some in Georgia and Virginia/West Virginia.

73
Mike
p.s. thanks for having this blogspot up!

comment below